Spent $440 for styles that lasted 2 weeks!:
Me and my teenage daughter got our hair braided on the same day. I got kinky twists. Her hair was braided in individual braids. After spending several hours in the salon and spending a total of $440 dollars, both of our heads looked like it was time to take our hair down again within two weeks.
This was not our first time going to this salon. We'd gone there several times and were always pleased with the service. In fact for the last year and a half, we have worn braids of some kind. When it was time to have our hair done, we'd take our hair down and go to BB's within a few days to get our hair braided again.
This was a mistake. Clearly, BB does not value regular customers. On our last visit my daughter and I noticed the following things:
1. The mirror in the bath room was covered with a large picture. I believe this was done to prevent clients from noticing the sloppy work.
2. BB's, the owner's, rude behavior toward clients who were waiting for braiders to start working on their hair. She actually told a woman that if she did not want to wait she should go get her hair done somewhere else. (Clearly she has too many customers if she thinks this is appropriate business behavior.)
3. Although 5 women were getting their hair braided, the braiders left the styling area without notice for thirty minutes to go eat.
4. Constant chatter in Nigerian. Of course, because I could not understand what they were saying, I feel as though it was agreed among BB who did my daughter's hair and the stylist that did my hair that little effort was going to be put forth on our hair because we were regular customers. I believe in their simple little minds they believed that we would come back sooner because our styles would not last the normal length of time.
5. When I paid for the service, no one thanked me for my business. The owner did not say anything. She did not even smile. I thought that was odd behavior. When I got home and really looked at my hair and my daughter's hair, I felt as though I'd been the victim of a Nigerian scam.
If you want to get your hair done at this salon, don't make the mistake of becoming a regular customer like I did.